Saturday, January 14, 2017

The Songs of My Youth

I'm turning 31 next week.

It's bothering me more than I thought it would. I thought 30 was supposed to be the hard one, but at least people make a big deal out of it. Goodbye twenties! Let's go out with a bang! SOMEBODY BUY ME TEN DRINKS!

31 is just like welp...here comes 40. Better invest in a comfortable robe and get on with it. 

ANYWAY to get my mind off my own mortality, I made some playlists and I brought enough to share!

THIS ONE has a 90's alternative slash Lilith fair vibe. Strongest memory: When I Come Around by Green Day playing in my mom's turquoise Ford Aerostar on the way home from purchasing a new set of pogs.

THIS ONE is 90s pop/hip hop/R&B. I'm not gonna lie to you guys; there is A LOT of Mariah Carey on it. I will not apologize. And while we're on the subject, I'd like to say that the whole New Year's Eve thing was not her fault. What was she supposed to do? Sing anyway with no idea what key she was in? (Clearly she needs someone like me to stick up for her.) I GOT YOU MARIAH. THEY SET YOU UP GIRL. YOU DO DESERVE A HOLIDAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment